Thursday, September 3, 2015

Things I've Said to My Children by Nathan Ripperger

Things I've Said to My Children by Nathan Ripperger is a newly published gift book that would be perfect to give to any parent for a birthday or baby shower.  The full color, mixed media graphics of this book resemble the well known children's author/ illustrator, Erik Carlise. Each illustration is accompanied by something funny- such as "We do not poop in books." or "Why is there a toilet seat on my coffee table/" (Ripperger, 2015).  This book is quick to read, and ironically, perfectly suited for any parents' coffee table.  This book shows the lighter side to parenting for any parent who needs a little laugh.  It is no surprise that the author has a background in graphic design.  As a parent to five boys it seems only natural he might pair some parenting humor with his background in art.  As a blogger I received a copy of this book published by Ten Speed Pres, an imprint 0f Crown Publishing, for the purpose of writing this review.

available at www.barnesandnoble.com

No comments:

Post a Comment