Saturday, March 19, 2016

I Can by Kathryn O'Brien

I Can by Kathryn O'Brien is a picture book for children featuring brightly drawn illustrations side by side the beloved bible verse from Philippians 4:13 “I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength”.  Using repetition and rhyme, the story brings this bible passage to life to entertain as well as empower young children.  The art will hold the attention of young readers- even to the small details such as the teeny tiny ladybug that appears hidden throughout the pages. This is the perfect story for a toddler and preschooler to read and re-read.  O'Brien makes the bible accessible and relevant for today's generation of readers: for young children and their parents alike. This book would make a great gift.  I also feel that this story would be perfect  as a board book for young babies as well.  As a blogger for Tyndale I received a copy of this book published by Tyndale for the purpose of writing this review.   

No comments:

Post a Comment